- I won't sell or give any of your information to anyone.
- I won't spam you with emails
- Please be considerate when using the comments on this site and on our social media platforms
- If you want to use any content on this site, please get in touch
Unless otherwise noted, all content (including but not limited to articles, photos, and videos appearing on Ocean Oculus are subject to copyright and cannot be reproduced without permission. This includes content that is not owned/copyrighted by Ocean Oculus/Samantha Andrews but reproduced here with the express permission of the original creator. If you would like to reuse any content, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Ocean Oculus allows users to submit comments on the website and interact on various social media sites. Users are responsible for any content that they post on this website or on social media sites. By posting content, you agree that you will not post, share, upload, or distribute content that is
- Is threatening, defamatory, abusive, degrading, intimidating, racist, sexist, genderist, illegal, or fraudulent;
- Contains unsolicited advertising
- Infringes on the copyright of other parties
We retain the right to remove any content that we feel does not comply with these terms. If you post content, you waive any right to claim against us if we choose to remove it.
We do not actively gather personal information, such as your name or email address unless you choose to provide it to us (i.e. by filling in a 'get in touch' form or sign up for our newsletter). Ocean Oculus is built using Squarespace.com which automatically logs computer information and site use data. The logs identify the following aspects:
- The internet domain and IP address from which you access our website
- The type of device your IP address is using to access our website
- The type of browser your IP address is using to access our website
- The country from which your IP address accessed our website
- The date and time your IP address accessed our website
- The pages your IP address viewed on our website
- If you did not visit the site directly, which website your IP address was directed from or which search engine terms you used to find us may also be recorded.
Google Analytics may also be used to assess what search terms visitors use to find the Ocean Oculus website. Please see the Google Analytics privacy and security policy for more information (including cookie use).
All this data helps us understand the demographics of our visitors and tailor our website design and content for your enjoyment.
If you want to disable cookies altogether, you can set your browser to do so. As instructions on how to do this vary from browser to browser and may change, please use your favourite search engine to look for instructions on how to do this.
Email and Mailing list
If you choose to get in touch by filling in one of our 'get in touch' forms, we will only use your contact information to provide you with information requested. Your information will not be shared with any third party outside Ocean Oculus without your express permission (i.e. to help you with any queries you might have), or legally compelled to do so, nor will you automatically be added to any mailing list.
The sign-up (and unsubscribe option) for the mailing list on the Ocean Oculus website and other social media (e.g. Facebook) is handled by MailChimp. Alongside the email address you sign up with, MailChimp logs the following information:
- Statistics show which links in the mailings are clicked and how many times
- Statistics show how many of the mailings are opened
- Statistics showing from which countries mailings were opened
These statistics helps us understand the demographics of our readers so we can tailor our content.
Your data will not be shared with any other third party outside Ocean Oculus, unless or legally compelled to do so. Please visit MailChimp's legal policies page for more information on what data is collected, what cookies they use, and how data is managed by them.
Blog Comments and Social Media (Privacy)
Ocean Oculus allows users to submit comments on the website and interact on various social media sites. Should you choose to provide personally identifiable information in the comments or on social media, this information may be publically viewable, and read, collected, or used by other users of this website or social media site. We are not responsible for any information you choose to share on this website or social media sites.
Questions and contact information