- We won't sell or give any of your information to anyone.
- We won't spam you with emails
- Please be considerate when using the comments on this site and on our social media platforms
- If you want to use any content on this site, please get in touch
Unless otherwise noted, all content (including but not limited to articles, photos, and videos appearing on Ocean Oculus are subject to copyright and cannot be reproduced without permission. This includes content that is not owned/copyrighted by Ocean Oculus/Samantha Andrews but reproduced here with the express permission of the original creator. If you would like to reuse any content, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Ocean Oculus allows users to submit comments on the website and interact on various social media sites. Users are responsible for any content that they post on this website or on social media sites. By posting content, you agree that you will not post, share, upload, or distribute content that is
- Is threatening, defamatory, abusive, degrading, intimidating, racist, sexist, genderist, illegal, or fraudulent;
- Contains unsolicited advertising
- Infringes on the copyright of other parties
We retain the right to remove any content that we feel does not comply with these terms. If you post content, you waive any right to claim against us if we choose to remove it.
We do not actively gather personal information, such as your name or email address unless you choose to provide it to us (i.e. by filling in a 'get in touch' form or sign up for our newsletter). Ocean Oculus is built using Squarespace.com which automatically logs computer information and site use data. The logs identify the following aspects:
- The country from which you access our website
- The internet domain and IP address from which you access our website
- The date and time you accessed our website
- The pages you viewed on our website
- If you did not visit the site directly, which website you were directed from or which search engine terms you used to find us may also be recorded.
Google Analytics may also be used to assess computer information. Please see the Google Analytics privacy and security policy for more information (including cookie use).
If you choose to get in touch by filling in one of our 'get in touch' forms or sign up for the newsletter, we will only use your contact information to provide the information requested. Your information will not be shared with any third party outside Ocean Oculus or the newsletter handler MailChimp (see below) without your express permission (i.e. to assist you with a query that you may have). Please visit MailChimp's legal policies page for more information on what data is collected, and how it is managed by them.
Newsletters will only be sent to those who sign up for the newsletter, and not to those who use the 'get in touch' forms (unless they request the newsletter).
If you want to disable cookies altogether, you can set your browser to do so. As instructions on how to do this vary from browser to browser and may change, please use your favourite search engine to look for instructions on how to do this.
Blog Comments and Social Media (Privacy)
Ocean Oculus allows users to submit comments on the website and interact on various social media sites. Should you choose to provide personally identifiable information in the comments or on social media, this information may be publically viewable, and read, collected, or used by other users of this website or social media site. We are not responsible for any information you choose to share on this website or social media sites.
Questions and contact information