Up Close & Personal with Samantha
- I am from Jersey in the Channel Islands. Where you say? Well it's a tiny Island that lies off the coast of France, close to Normandy and Brittany.
- I now live in Newfoundland, Canada
- I have also lived in England, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, and British Columbia (also in Canada)
- I brew beer! Once I made cider too, but it wasn't as good as the beer
- I love trying new food
- I am trying to learn French. I'm pretty terrible at it.
- Once I went to a cat cafe... and I loved it
Frequency Asked Questions
You're smiling in that photo but that's ice behind you... was it cold?
Yes it was! What you don't see here is the pretty deserted beach, nor us all running back to the car very quickly after this photo to get warm again.
Donc vous parlez un peu français ... cela signifie-t-il que je peux vous contacter en français?
N'hésitez pas! Je vais probablement passer votre message à travers un traducteur cependant - vraiment, je suis assez terrible
Feel free! I'll probably run your message through a translator though - really, I'm pretty terrible
Can we come for a beer?
What is a cat cafe?
It is a wondrous place* where for a small fee you can spend hours drinking unlimited amounts of your favourite non-alcoholic beverage and hang out with a bunch of cats. See!
*If you are thinking of visiting a cat cafe, it's worth checking out the place online first to make sure the cats are well taken care of. Sadly there are plenty of places where the cats are... not so loved.